I just finished reading another book that my good friend Heather passed to me. Heather is the person who initially told me about the book the Secret. The basic premise of the book is based on research into energy medicine which the author practices. The book explains how every illness can correspond to a daily pattern of emotional and psychological stresses or attitudes that influence corresponding parts of the human body.
Of particular interest to me were instructions that the author gave to help provide an individual with a starting point for grasping energy power and using it in a positive way.
– Examine one’s own thoughts and feelings and try to understand what you believe and why.
– Try to keep an open mind and be aware of when your mind is shutting down.
– Try not to be defensive which keeps new insights from entering your mind.
– Think of all situations and relationships as having importance.
– Become open to receiving guidance and insight through your dreams.
– Work towards releasing any thoughts that promote self-pity or anger and that blame another person for anything that has happened to you.
– Make decisions based on your wisest assessment at the moment as opposed to trying to create a specific outcome.
– Refrain from all judgements because we don’t know all of the facts and details.
– Learn to recognize when you are being influenced by a fear pattern and make choices that weaken the influence of those fears.
– Detach from all values that support the belief that success in life means achieving certain goals, instead view a successful life as a process of achieving self control and working through the challenges life brings you.
– Act on your inner guidance.
– Keep all of your attention in the present moment and refrain from living in the past and worrying about the future.
– Learn to trust what you cannot see far more than what you can see.
I think these are good words to live by, but they will take some work on my part in doing so.