As we suffer through the painful heat of a blistering July, thoughts naturally turn to . . . Ohio State football. The Buckeyes’ fall football camp starts in a month or so, and the first game is September 2, against Marshall. It’s been a tough, seemingly endless period of withdrawal from college football since the Rose Bowl triumph.
I’m just about ready to:
* Start figuring out appropriate scarlet and gray ensembles that still fit my expanding girth
* Begin watching the Big Ten Network again
* Feel that growing tingle of happy anticipation as I tailgate in the parking lot at French Field House with a bunch of fired-up Buckeye fans
* Snarf down a lukewarm hot dog as I head up the stairs to a seat in the closed end of the Stadium
* Hear the drums begin to beat in the tunnel, signaling the start of TBDBITL’s ramp entrance
* Join 105,000+ of my close friends in singing Carmen Ohio after another home Buckeye victory
The new college football season can’t get here soon enough! Go Bucks!