This year we decided to do some work to the bed in front of our house. It was okay in its former state, but the bushes were getting somewhat overgrown and we thought the bed had a crowded, cluttered look. So, we decided to eliminate the two-tier design, dig out the big bushes (except for the one right next to the stairs), and go for a more spartan look. In the process, we also decided to expand the brickwork to create a space for a wrought-iron bench and some planters.
We’re happy with the results, which allow you to see more of the house itself and also will give us room to plant some flowers.