The Cleveland Browns won a football game on Thursday night. Seriously! An actual, regular season NFL football game. And they even came from behind to do it. The result was so wildly unexpected it’s taken me more than a day to fully process it.
And I’ve also been considering the profound implications of a Browns victory. It makes me wonder: if the Browns can somehow be victorious on the gridiron, it basically means that nothing is impossible. And we all need to brace ourselves, because who knows what might happen next! In the interests of enhancing public preparedness, I came up with a list of some of the other events that would rank right up there with the Browns winning a football game on the improbability scale:
- President Trump is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for his Twitter feed
- The French Minister of Culture admits that Americanized words like le supermarket are perfectly OK
- A scientific study shows that Facebook political postings actually cause people of opposing political views to change their minds
- Yankees fans concede the singing Sweet Caroline during the 8th inning of baseball games really is a pretty cool tradition
- Kim Jong Un decides to grow his hair out and go with a ponytail
- The Grand High Council of Vegans announces that eating an occasional cheeseburger is acceptable and tastes awfully darned good, too
- The Ohio State Marching Band misspells Ohio during the performance of Script Ohio
I’m sure there are more, but you get the idea. Be wary, folks! If the Browns can win a football game, all bets are off!