Practice makes perfect—and when you’re out of practice you tend to forget the little things. Here’s how you know it’s been a while since you’re done any traveling by airplane.
• You don’t automatically establish a mental calendar entry to get your boarding pass precisely 24 hours before the established boarding time.
• You kind of forgot about the whole TSA precheck line and confirming that you are shown as TSA precheck on your boarding pass until you’re already at the airport.
• You don’t think about following any of the streamlining and expediting and weight-minimizing travel tips that you’ve developed over the years and you end up bringing three or more otherwise identical cell phone chargers.
• You need to think for a minute about how to put your cellphone into “airplane mode.”
• Kids crying and dogs barking in the gate waiting area seem like a novel experience.