Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
This Thanksgiving, I’m especially thankful for:
• My wonderful wife;
• The good health and good spirits of my family and friends;
• A fine Thanksgiving meal with family that will be (hopefully) without any trace of rancorous political arguments;
• Being free from the want, worry, and oppression that troubles so much of the world;
• The many excellent books, films, and TV shows I’ve enjoyed this year, and the creative spirits who produced them;
• The opportunity to watch the Ohio State Buckeyes break more than a few Michigan Wolverine hearts this Saturday;
• The kind words I’ve received from faithful readers of this blog;
• That pre-Thanksgiving piece of pumpkin pie I snuck last night; and
• This chance to count my blessings on a chilly but peaceful Thanksgiving morning while drinking a hot cup of coffee and listening to some baroque music.
May everyone celebrate a similarly long list of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!